Dress and Appearance Standards
We want our children to become accustomed to dressing for success. The school dress code seeks to complement and reflect those high standards while also helping maintain the students’ focus on the task at hand and on issues of personal character. The International Magnet Schools have two main types of uniforms: the formal or dress uniform and the casual uniform.
Please keep the following uniform guidelines in mind:
- Shirts are required to be tucked in.
- Black or brown solid color dress shoes or all black or white athletic shoes (with small highlights of either black on white or white on black) may also be worn Mondays through Fridays. Students may bring any color athletic shoes to change into for P.E
- No exterior labels
- All accessories should meet Pueblo City Schools' Code of Conduct Guidelines and Student Handbook Requirements. All accessories must be approved uniform color and design.
- Skirts, skorts, jumpers, and shorts must be no more than 2 inches from the top of the knee.
Where to purchase uniforms, specialty ties and plaids:
Trigger Promotions, 1000 W 6th St (296-8744)
Embroiders school crest
Spirit Store, 4231N. Elizabeth St., (543-2222)
Specialty ties and is working on getting in the plaid items
General uniform items such as the white button-up shirts, black or khaki pants, shorts, shirts, jumpers, and skorts can be purchased at any store in Pueblo that carries uniforms. These are stores such as Wal-Mart, Kmart, Target, Old Navy, JC Penny's, or Kohls. Just keep in mind that these clothing items cannot have exterior labels.
Listing of these stores does not constitute an endorsement of Pueblo City Schools or the International Magnet Schools at Pueblo.
Uniforms (Grades Kindergarten - 3rd)
Casual Dress Days: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
Casual Dress Days for boys consists of a two-piece outfit: pant/ short and polo shirt.
Casual Dress Days for girls consist of a two-piece outfit: pant/ capris/short/skirt/skort or jumper and polo shirt.
Black or brown dress shoes, solid black or white tennis shoes only (no sandals, boots, or heels). Athletic shoes for PE only may be in additional colors.
Formal Dress Days: Wednesday
Formal Dress Days for boys consist of a three-piece outfit: pant/ short, button-up white shirt (long or short sleeved), tie or sweater vest. Blazer can be worn for formal field trips or presentations as well as on cooler days. Black or brown dress shoes or black or white athletic shoes (with small highlights of or either black on white or white on black) may also be worn Monday through Friday. Students may bring any color athletic shoes to change into for PE.
Formal Dress Days for girls consist of a three-piece outfit: pant/ capris/short/skirt/skort or jumper, button-up white shirt (long or short sleeved) and cross bow-tie or tab bow-tie. Additionally, sweaters and blazers can be worn on cooler days as well as for presentations or formal field trips. Black or brown solid color dress shoes or black or white athletic shoes (with small highlights of or either black on white or white on black) may also be worn Monday through Friday. Students may bring any color athletic shoes to change into for PE.
School uniforms must be worn daily during regular school hours and during field trips.
In addition to the school uniform policy, the following dress code rules apply:
1. Uniforms must be neat and clean.
2. Pants/shorts must be worn at the natural waist and fit appropriately (baggy, sagging or dragging pants, belt buckles hanging down are prohibited). Shirts must be tucked in at all times. Belts are required. Black or brown dress shoes
only (no sandals, boots, or heels).
3. Skorts and shorts are acceptable when they are long enough so that when arms are held straight down, the fingertips touch the material, not skin.
4. Pager and cellular phones are not permitted (see the district Student Conduct and Discipline Code Handbook).